There are so many different social media networks to manage, so you might be wondering if there is an easier way to plan which content you will share, when, on which network and how you will share it. If you had a plan like that, you would feel super-organised and in control of your social media right? With my customisable and easy to use Social media Management Schedule you can do just that: organise all your social media activities in advance and make your life as a business owner easier. Download it below!
First things first though… why would you want to use a social media management schedule and spend time initially on populating it with content and settings?
Benefits of Pro-Active Social Media Management
Many small business owners know that social media is by now a key part of modern marketing, but how do you get started? How can you be sure that the time and money you spend on social media marketing has been spent strategically and not just marketing at random?
From my experience of managing social media campaigns for clients, I noticed that an effective social media schedule helps businesses reduce marketing overwhelm and grow their business step-by-step, strategically, month after month. Social media schedule is a part of an overall social media marketing strategy, that would include your high-level objectives and goals, and break them down into specific actionable steps.
With the help of a Social Media Strategy document you will be able to plan:
- Key objectives and goals for your marketing tactics (blog, social networks, videos, presentations),
- How much time and effort you will dedicate to each tactic and who will be responsible to manage it,
- What your specific goals are for each social media network,
- Success metrics for each social media network so that you know you are on track with marketing.
From this Strategy, your Social Media Schedule will help you to:
- Make it easier to coordinate marketing campaigns across multiple networks and channels,
- Grow your reach and following by being consistent with your content and messages,
- Scale your social media marketing, delegate parts of it to other members of the team.
The template I’m sharing with you will enable you to plan your updates and format your content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
Free Social Media Management Schedule Template
I’ve designed the template to be a practical model you can quickly apply to your small business. It contains 2 parts:
1. Social Media Marketing Strategy.
This includes your company’s vision and goals for social media marketing, metrics and measurement, target audience (your ideal client), short and long-term strategies to reach your goals, resources needed.
2. Social Media Management Schedule.
A simple, one-page social media plan which you can use to brainstorm alone, or with your team.
When planning your social media strategy and schedule you might these articles helpful as they provide additional information, guides and tips specific to each platform:
- Twitter marketing strategy
- Facebook marketing strategy
- LinkedIn marketing strategy
- Google+ marketing strategy
- Pinterest marketing strategy
- How to create an editorial calendar for your blog
- Re-using your existing content to save time
To download your free social media management schedule, simple complete the form below and follow the instructions in the email you will receive shortly.
Over to you…
Once you’ve downloaded your templates, set aside time in your diary to actually go through them and implement your planning for 2015. Schedule it to make it real!
Finally, if you’ve found these templates useful – please share them with your friends and colleagues so that they too can have a successful social media marketing campaign.